Seminary of San Carlos & San Ambrogio
Name: Seminary of San Carlos & San Ambrogio
Place: Havana, Cuba
View: The seminary was originally a Jesuit college built in 1774. This view, a detail of the central entrance bay of the Tacon Street north facade, shows a view up of the three undulating levels. The central bay is a 20th century addition influenced by the style of the facade of the Catedral de la Habana. UNESCO World Heritage Site, 1982.
Date: 1946 – 1950, central entrance bay of Tacon Street facade.
Architect: Cristobal Martinez Marques
Style or Period: Neo-Baroque Style
Catalogue No. ZC2464
There are an additional three digital photos of the San Carlos & San Ambrogio Seminary available from Veritas Imaging. Please use our contact form to request further information. In the subject line, please type “San Carlos & San Ambrogio Seminary.”